Old World Artistic Sensibility.
Why choose Upper Canada CNC Studio ?
Grant Nicholson, our Artist on staff, has fostered long term relationships with hundreds of commercial and residential clients since 2008. Our digital workflow and LEAN manufacturing principles are a powerful combination that adds value to your construction, architecture or custom signage project.
We bring a deep understanding of various materials and construction practices to your project.
Trust your custom design and manufacturing to a shop with the skilled professionals and technology to produce at a rate you'd expect from a digital workflow--all without sacrificing the art of true craftsmanship.
We work in:
- High-Density Urethane foam board, which is lightweight, durable and doesn’t rot.
- Western Red Cedar, perfect for applications where natural wood is desired and known to resist moisture.
- Aluminum composites like Dibond, Alupanel or Omegaboard, available in a broad range of colours and finishes including brushed and polished metals.
- Acrylics/Plexiglass, often used to cut back-lit lettering, which yields attractive and thick lettering that is impervious to weather.
- Hardwoods that can be beautifully carved on our device.
- PVC including Komatex, Intecell, Palight and Trimboard, which cut well and make great sign blanks.
- MDF, a great option for more affordable indoor signs, with Extira as the outdoor equivalent.
- Aluminum or other soft metals, which we cut using a cooling device designed for metal that doesn’t contain iron/steel. We can outsource plasma cutting for harder metals.